I feel like in the last 48 hours we have made more progress on Echo than we’ve made in months. Her walls are up and stained, the mandala ceiling is beautifully hung, the fan is no longer leaking water on us when it rains, and she looks amazing. Obviously I am just a tad biased, but everything looks perfect. At this point I don’t see any reason why she won’t be ready to go on our road trip in August. Check out the “Adventure Van Build” page to see the progress on the ol’ girl since we got her in February. I just added on some more photos from the last few days for those that are interested!
When we first decided to do this, I honestly was not expecting it to be this hard or time consuming. Not that it’s incredibly difficult, but there isn’t much out there to help you when you’re trying to figure out the best way to build something, attach something, frame something, etc. I feel like all the other van lifers like keeping their builds a secret, which is totally fine, but when you’re in the fabricating stage and have no idea what you’re doing it makes you want to pull your hair out to say the least. Once everything is completely finished, I plan on going back through and putting details on every step we did in hopes that one day it may help a fellow DIYer out. I will say, having to fabricate every single aspect of this build ourselves has been challenging, but also incredibly fun. Matt and I work great as a team, because if we didn’t, one of us may have off’ed the other by now.
I am completely exhausted from the last 2 days, so I’ll keep this short and sweet so I can log off and relax before it’s back to the daily grind tomorrow!